Reuters reported that, according to his lawyer Arthur Aidala, Weinstein was “upbeat.”
Reuters further said that Aidala claimed his 67-year-old client “looked like he was in good shape” but was “not a picture of health by any stretch of the imagination,” and doctors would decide when to release him.
But Aidala added that he “obviously he prefers being in his own house.”
* Harvey Weinstein found guilty
* Weinstein rape trial jury is split on most serious counts, told to keep trying
* Weinstein accuser Jessica Mann’s dramatic testimony is a new kind of test in sex crimes
* Weinstein described as a ‘sex addict’, disputing Sopranos star assault claim
* Understanding Weinstein’s charges and potential punishment
* Harvey Weinstein accuser Jessica Mann’s dramatic testimony is a new kind of test in sex crimes
* Harvey Weinstein: Don’t forget all the work I did that helped women
* Emily Ratajkowski hits out at Harvey Weinstein on red carpet
Weinstein had been expected to move to New York City’s Rikers Island jail complex following the verdict, but had been admitted late Monday night to Bellevue Hospital a few miles away.
Media reports claimed at the time Weinstein had experienced chest pain or heart palpitations before being admitted to Bellevue.
There’s yet to be any official confirmation of what he was suffering from.
The disgraced movie mogul was being transferred to jail on Rikers Island in New York where he was to be held in custody until his sentencing on March 11 when he took ill, according to Variety.